FOCUS QUESTION
What is the wind and how can we measure it?
PREDICTION/ HYPOTHESIS*
If it's windy, ten my flag will move.
PLANNING
Materials:
wind flag- cardstock and felt
Go outside with your flag and science journal. Draw a diagram of what you see with your flag. What does it do? How does it look? Is it moving? When and how does it move?
Try walking with your flag. Do you notice anything different? What about if you hold it high in the air versus close to the ground?
DATA*
CLAIMS AND EVIDENCE*
The wind is air. I can feel it when it blows. I saw it move my flag. I can measure the wind with how much my flag moves when the wind blows.
CONCLUSION/REFLECTION*
More people noticed some wind over a strong wind. The wind changed in strength based on where you were standing. We can measure the wind with our flags based on how much the wind moves the flag.
**QUESTIONS: How do you measure wind in a hurricane or tornado?

No comments:
Post a Comment