Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Mystery Bag

FOCUS QUESTION
Can we tell what is in the bag based on our five senses?
 
PREDICTION/ HYPOTHESIS*
I think that if I use my 5 senses and record my observations I will be able to guess what is in the bag! Here is my prediction and observation chart.

 
PLANNING  
Make a chart with a column for observations, senses, predictions, and actual object. Begin making predictions using your senses through the bag- no peeking! List which senses you use for each observation. Next make a prediction based on those observations.
 
 DATA
*See the chart above for more data.
In my chart I noted my observations and made predictions based on them. 
 
CLAIMS AND EVIDENCE*
After using my 5 senses to observe and investigate the mystery bag, I looked inside and saw that I was right for 5 out of 7 of the items. I marked these on my chart with a check mark.
 
CONCLUSION/REFLECTION*
By using my 5 senses like a scientist, even though they only use 4!, I was able to make a good prediction about what was in the mystery bag and was right for most of the items!
 
**QUESTIONS:   
Are there some senses we use more than others? Are there some senses that helped me more in this investigation?

No comments:

Post a Comment